Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Now what?

Well, dear readers, I now have the 3 posts made that I originally started this blog for. =) Yeah for my big accomplishment but now what do I write about? I do want to say this....I am not going to be a facebook/internet/blog basher.......but starting this blog was seriously a big step for me. There is good and evil in EVERYTHING, but I have always been of the mindset that the evil out weighs the good with the online networking forums. Again, please, I am not trying to be a basher or a finger pointer, but I have first hand seen a lot of people hurt by facebook, blogs, etc. There seems to be a lot of gossiping (did you see so and so's pictures....I thought they were a Christian) and even to the extreme that I know people that have cheated on their spouses..maybe not all of them physically but emotionally counts too. You don't like how your real life relationship is going so you will talk to someone online for hours that says all of the nice things you want to hear. Plus the time that it takes. For some reason it can just suck you in and before you know it you have been on for HOURS. We only get 24 hours a day and I want to make sure I use them to the best of my ability...that means God and family need to get the bulk of my time....not the internet. I really didn't want to be a part of all of that. But I really wanted a place that people that wanted to be updated on my family and I could come because, let's face it, most everyone is on the internet and this is the easiest and quickest way to update people. So I decided I COULD have both. I could update people and maybe, just maybe encourage as well. I prayed before I began this blog that what ever I would write would ALWAYS be edifying and encouraging. So readers if I stray from that, please notify me. Seriously.
So, with that all behind me, if anyone ever reading this needs a friend, someone to listen to them, someone to pray for them, someone to laugh with, or whatever I would be happy to do that. Just let me know. I REALLY mean that. Let us remember to pray for the people in Haiti as well. I can't even begin to fathom what they are going through right now.
Testify to everyone you meet....and if you have to, use words.

No comments:

Post a Comment