Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Connected Again

Good evening! I have had a three month lapse from updating, but this time I had a good reason. We didn't have the Internet. Shocking I know but we did live without it for 3 months. You see when we decided for me to stay home we knew that we were going to have to make some sacrifices and our Internet was very slow anyways so we got rid of it. A few weeks back we received notification that we qualify for a government program to get satellite Internet at about half the cost because our location does not have high speed Internet options. So we are now...connected again.
Well, let me give you the low down on the last three months. Adaliah had her second birthday. The whole family went to Build-A-Bear and Micah, Nehemiah, Addie made bears. It was great fun! We have been plugging away at the upstairs. Miguel is laying the new floors and installing moulding. I can't hardly believe it. I spend one whole day painting over 100 pieces of moulding and staining the new pieces for the stairs. It took me DAYS to recover from that. I have muscles in my arms I didn't know I had. Miguel spend that whole day laying the flooring so he complained about his knees. It sounded like a nursing home here for awhile. I will post before and after pictures when it is all finished.
As sad as it sounds that's really about it for our three month update. I do have a question for anyone reading this.....what do you do to conserve energy to help with the heating bills in the winter? Our electric bill and propane bills are not fun at all. Does any one have an Eden Pure? Do you like it? Any other conserving options?

4 comments:

  1. Conserving options: Wear a sweatshirt, leggings, socks, slippers and turn the heating down. Make sure to have the windows covered. Make sure the doors to the outside are tightly sealed (you can buy special strips). Air dry the clothes in front of heatings instead of using the dryer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was young we used to cover all of our windows with some plasctic wrap (made especially for that). Also use all your heat. Exemple: when you are done baking something leave the over door partially open so all the heat goes into the house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep the kids in one room and lately have turned the kerosene heater on in the bathroom (behind a gate) to get the chill off. I don't leave it on long b/c it gets too hot quickly. Or...you could just go to McDonalds and use their heat ;)

    ReplyDelete